Saturday, June 10, 2017

Welcome back!

Hey folks. This blog needs a reboot!
Since I started this blog, I have:
  • Completed 4 years of teaching
  • Taught 10 different classes (Credit Recovery, Civics & Economics, OCS Social Studies I and II, World History, Honors World History, AP European History, Honors Teacher Cadet I and II, and English IV.)
  • Become head of the history department at my school
  • Completed the National Boards process (awaiting notification in November)
  • Become a Hollyhock Fellow at Stanford University
As I grow in my career as an educator, I find myself gravitating toward roles where I get to grow and lead our profession, helping myself to become a better teacher so that I can help others to be better teachers.

As such, I'll be shifting this blog to more of a teaching and mentoring tool, modeling where I am in the teaching and learning process so that both new and experienced teachers can think critically about where they are in their journeys and what their next steps should be. You'll notice that old posts have disappeared, hopefully to be replaced by new, meaningful content. Away we go!

-HMF

No comments:

Post a Comment